Monday, January 9, 2012

An introduction...

When I was a teen I played around on the free website builder programs. As I entered college Myspace and Facebook were created. But regardless of the application in which people used as an outlet to their creativity, blogs seemed to have remained a part of them. I use to post my poetry to blogs but then the Myspace and Facebook scares arose, and as I saw other mention, posting any kind of personal information seemed dangerous on various levels.

Seeing that a class was offered which appeared to teach about blogging and how it can be used educationally and professionally increased my interest again. The thought of creating web pages and blogging, for a purpose other than personal use/interest seems highly appealing. I am interested in learning ways to use a blog professionally and educationally. I feel there are many companies both in the public and private sector who may benefit employers, employees, and potential clients if they knew more about how to blog in this manner. My goal is to find ways in which the public sector could utilize blogging to reach out to those who may not know certain services and groups exsist.

I am a 2nd year Master’s student in the Rehabilitation Education Program here at Western. Currently, I live in Marion County and work for the Department of Human Services. Now that internship has started, and my combined work/school hours have dropped, I am looking at getting back into my hobbies, getting outdoors, playing “extreme sports,” and taking pictures the entire time.
 

3 comments:

  1. It is exciting to hear of your desire to write blogs. As we move into this seriously consider why you want to this. This will help develop how you can make these effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not certain what you see when you read this but I see black on black. It's hard to read. Can you improve this?

    ReplyDelete